Monday, May 24, 2010

Shan's Shahi Haleem Mix - Magic in a Box!

I have a confession - the reason I've not been churning out any new posts for a while now, I am ashamed to admit is because I've been taking shortcuts - ready spice mixes and the like and although the results have been great, the guilt holds me back from taking credit for it.

Now that that's out in the open, I should probably share with all of you who aren't morally opposed to ready spice mixes a little secret I discovered recently - Shaan's Shahi Haleem Mix (the big box, not the little one - it comes with the mixed grains bag too in addition to the spices!) All you need is some time to spare, for Haleem cannot be rushed, I estimate 4-6 hours. Relax, most of it is spent leaving the pot on a very slow fire to cook slowly, so get a good book to read in the kitchen! The results are well worth the wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment